Sleeping can be hard, it’s often when we are most vulnerable. Our brain switches off from the hustle of our busy lives and the subconscious has more room to breathe – it’s often when the spirit world will try to connect with us.
I’ve been having a lot of conversations with different people at the moment about dreams and sleeping. I didn’t intend to ever write (in the manner that I have below) about my experiences – especially the negative ones! but I feel compelled to share. I may not understand now, but I feel this will all be helpful.
Part 1 – my experiences
- Drifting off to sleep and hearing my name being shouted.
- Drifting off to sleep and hearing my husband talking to me but he swears he never said anything.
- Feeling someone sit at the end of my bed.
- Hearing shuffling of someone walking around the perimeter of my bed each night for months.
- Hearing music, talking and laughter and thinking that I wish my neighbours would be quiet – only to find that it’s not them, im asleep and have woken up.
- Feeling two hands depress down onto the bed down by my feet and shake the mattress – I thought it was an earthquake or that spasming leg thing that can happen when you’re falling asleep, but it wasn’t.
- Seeing colours in the dark.
- Thinking to myself ‘hey what are they talking about’ and opening my eyes to see my energetic body sitting up, half out of my body talking to my deceased grandfather – so much love and warmth, I’m so desperate to join them and then I jolt awake and realise my human / real eyes weren’t open at all.
- Out of body experience. Watched myself sleeping.
- One time I felt like I was being taken over. A dark feeling and colour came into my mind and started to seep in, every cell in my body stood at high alert and I just started screaming in my head for every Archangel I could think of and my passed loved ones to help me. I woke up in the morning and thought I made it all up and looked down to find an ear plug stood upright in the middle of the bedroom floor where I had pictured my Grandad standing.
- Sensing and seeing 4-5 people standing next to my bed holding a meeting about me and my life (positive energy, probably my guides).
- Opening my eyes and “catching” a man crouching in the corner of my room – he did a double take when I stared right at him. He stayed crouching and started laughing at me. When I woke up from fright I realised my human / real eyes weren’t open at all.
- My husband has found me sitting at the end of the bed freezing cold sometimes talking to someone, sometimes not.
- During my uni years I would wake up at 11:11pm every night and I would wake up as I was turning on my bedroom light – happened almost every night for months in a row. Sometimes I would wake up in the morning and find my TV turned on to static with no sound.
- Opening my eyes to see someone walking into my mirror. I get a fright and wake up.
- I used to sleep walk when I was younger
The above experiences aren’t even my dream stories! They will take too much to write so here is just a sample of the different types of dreams I experience:
- Different realities: I will dream my normal morning routine but go off and do different things like instead of going to work I’ll go back to my childhood home.
- Horrible nightmares that could make me a lot of money if I turned them into movies! Luckily these don’t hardly ever happen.
- Vivid dreams: sometimes playful and mucking around with my reality, one time I woke up as a toy train track had installed itself around my room and I watched a toy steam train choo-choo through my room. I laugh which makes me wake up. Other times the dreams are like other worlds, so vivid.
If you think you are having a weird sleeping / dream situation then please get in touch. The things I have written above are only some of the things I’ve experienced, but I’ve experienced quite a lot and if I can do anything to help you I will.